Food is a critical part of our lives, and making good food depends on various factors, such as the ingredients, the cooking method, and most importantly, the cookware used, for it affects the taste, texture and the aesthetic value of the food altogether; and when we talk about Indian cuisine, the Kadhai cannot go unnoticed. This cookware is available in many different materials, and has its own benefits. Read below to learn more about it.
Types of Kadhai and their Benefits
The Kadhai is a round-bottomed cookware with deep-sides that allow stir-frying, deep-frying, simmering, etc., and therefore, perfect for Indian recipes. Here are the extensively found types of kadhais in the market you must have in your kitchen.
Stainless Steel Kadhai
Stainless steel kadhais, especially the triply stainless steel kadhais, are gaining ample popularity nowadays. They come in many sizes and shapes, with different kinds of handles, and with or without lids, so you can choose any of the styles based on your usage and purpose.
There are quite a few reasons why the triply kadai is a great choice for cooking Indian dishes. Some of them are listed below:
- It is durable and long-lasting as it is made of stainless steel. When you buy one of these, you do not have to worry about replacing it for decades.
- Stainless steel triply kadhai ensures even heat distribution, preventing hotspots, and allows you to cook food evenly and hassle free.
- Triply kadai is easy to use, and is compatible with induction and most types of cooktops.
- It is easy to clean and maintain, and is dishwasher safe too.
- It is safe to use as stainless steel inherently is non-reactive, and thus free from harmful chemicals.
- Its classy lustre gives it an aesthetic appeal and can look great in any kitchen.
The Hybrid Kadhai is an innovative amalgamation of two different materials using advanced technology to give the best of non-stick and triply kadhais. It is made using hexaridge technology combining triply and non stick material for a hassle – free cooking experience. The 100% PFOA free non -stick coating Greblon, sits inside hexagonal stainless steel trenches, creating a honeycomb pattern. Here’s how this kadhai makes cooking so much better:
- It is nonstick, so you can cook with less oil.
- It is sturdy and durable, and can be used for various types of cooking.
- It is scratch-resistant, and you can use any type of spatula or spoon without damaging the surface.
- It is compatible with most types of cooktops, including induction tops.
- It is dishwasher safe, and is also easy to clean by hand.
Non-stick Kadhai, with its own set of benefits, makes for great cookware for certain dishes. Among the plethora of non-stick kadhais in the market, you’d make the best decision by choosing the ones that are 100% free from PFOA and toxins. This variety of non-stick cookware is made from a high-grade German coating and comes with the following benefits:
- It is ideal for those on a diet or are health conscious as it requires less or no oil to cook your favourite foods.
- If you go for a triply non-stick kadhai, you’ll also get the benefits of triply mentioned above, such as faster cooking, even heat distribution, no hotspots, ease of cleaning, etc.
These kadhais are also lightweight compared to others and are easier to use.
- These kadhais are non-reactive and safe as they are PFOA and toxin free.
- Chip-resistant coating adds life to the cookware too. So, ensure you get one that has a quality coating.
Tasla Kadhais are a variant of the usual stainless steel Kadhai but with a twist. These are storable and stackable utensils, as they come without handles. They have all the benefits of the usual triply stainless steel kadhai and are ideal for everyday cooking, kneading dough, serving food, soaking gulab jamuns, and more.
Exploring various types of kadai unveils a world of culinary possibilities. Choose the right one for flavorful cooking and a fabulous cooking experience!